Wednesday, May 02, 2007

And Then We Had Friends

So, last Friday Tate and Jodi came up to visit. Lola stayed home with the girls, and we went out as adults! WOW...it was AWESOME! it is nice to have an adult conversation with Brian and our friends.
On Saturday, we went to see Jimi Hendrix's grave. Talk about weird. Fist off, he is burried in Renton, WA. The only thing Renton has going for it is the Ikea. Anyway, there is nobody around him. Well, his parents and grandmother are there, but that is it. And people leave weird crap there. There was some dirty baseball cap, flowers, baby socks, and a bunch of european people draped over his head stone.
I guess now is the time to tell you about our new car. We had wanted a minivan and bought one for that matter, but it had a really bad transmission. Luckily the guy took it back. Anyway, we got a 1993 VW Eurovan! Super cool with a seat that folds ito a table. Now if you knew me long ago you should know that I LOVE the VW Bus. However, the Bus isn't the most safe or reliable vehicle. The Eurovan is the perfect solution! Not quite a hippie van, but not a minivan! We are officially Yuppy scum. I love it.
Well, since we have had the van, I have been having crazy dreams. The most recent had something to do with Jimi as an elephant, Mr. Belding, the Van, the Garden of Eden and my family. I did my best to make it into the following movie.



On Sunday Tate and Jodi left. We were sad, but happy to have a moment to ourselves.

No comments: