Saturday, November 11, 2006

It's Been A Long Time Coming

I pretended not to hear the comments when people would say Lola had a comb-over, I laughed with them when they would say she looked like Donald Trump, and all the while I was throwing mental fireballs at your hair. Lola is beautiful, and so is her hair, but it was getting too long! It had to be done! Her hair was in her eyes! I was constantly having to brush it to the side. Lola needed a trim.

I remember the days of getting my hair cut while mom was away. I thought Grandma did a fine job, but mom was always so mad! I guess it wasn't as cute as I thought. If you will remember, I haven't had the best of luck with professionals either. There was the duckling hair in Greece, the the spotted hideousness that was my hair in Gold Beach, and the most recent Kari Bain hair this past winter.

I had scheduled an appointment for tomorrow, but Cynthia said I was crazy. She said, "I cut Devan's hair for the first two years of his life. I would cut it while he was sleeping." I figured I could do it too! I could take Cynthia's advice and trim my sweet child's bangs. How hard could it be? HARDER THAN I THOUGHT!

My friend Heather once told me that little gIrls are so much fun. The bad part is that they seem to have a chullet ~aka~ child mullet for the first few years. I refused to believe her... UNTIL NOW :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um....I put my comment in the wrong place last time. I'm not from around here.Anyway nice hair Lola!!!!!!!

Jess said...

Lola may have a parent induced mullet...but Jones has a natural, curly, widows peak mullet...Ouch! Seriously, he still has the widows peak but the hair in the middle of his head is starting to hand over it...and the curly back just keeps going. How is a mom suppose to cut curls?? It can't be done!